Right Seat, a talent management company that connects professionals to their matching interests across all industries in Rwanda is looking for Communication and Engagement Officer
WE ARE HIRING
Right Seat is a talent management company that connects professionals to their matching interests across all industries in Rwanda. Right Seat is currently looking for interested and relevant candidates to the vacant positions, for one of their clients Aegis Trust.
Aegis Trust is a British NGO, founded in 2000, which campaigns to prevent genocide worldwide and it has been working in Rwanda since 2004.Aegis Trust manages the Kigali Genocide Memorial on the behalf of the Government of Rwanda and is implementing a program called Education for Sustainable Peace in Rwanda (ESPR).
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Communication and engagement Officer
Reports to: Country Director
Position Type: Full time
Responsibilities and duties
- Setting the communications agenda
- Developing messages
- Preparing communications plans
- Defining audiences
- Managing international, regional and local media
- Defining communications principles, philosophy and standards
- Identifying crisis and negative communications risks
- Managing the Communications and Engagement Department
- Providing training opportunities for department and Aegis staff
Essential Job requirements and qualifications
- A degree in a communications related field of study and/or at least five years of experience in the field of communications.
- A least one example of experience managing a team
- Demonstrated experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of Rwandan history and the Genocide against the Tutsi
- International experience in the field of communication.
Work Experience and Skills
- Experience in working in the field of communications with a range of different types of organisations
- Experience in working on international communication campaigns
- Experience in working in remembrance and community based communications
- Experience in designing and implementing communication and digital marketing campaigns and training programs
- Experience in developing and implementing ‘train-the-trainer’ programs
- A thorough understanding of the local and regional media landscape and demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships with media houses
- Experience in developing communications campaigns for a range of stakeholders
- Experience in defining audiences and developing targeted messaging
- An understanding of digital communications platforms and experience in utilising them for communications and engagement
- Expert knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently, maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency
- Strong writing and communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English or French
How to Apply
Send us your application file on: [email protected] not later than Wednesday October 12, 2016 at 5:00 pm Kigali time
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.