BACKGROUND TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER
Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Alliance Rwanda is a national not for profit umbrella of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working in Rwanda to promote nutrition sensitive and nutrition specific interventions across the country. The primary purpose of SUN Alliance is to strengthen coordination amongst all nutrition actors through Social Mobilization, Advocacy and Communication (SMAC), tracking of results, and aligning of strategies, programs and resources of its members with country plans to eliminate all forms of Malnutrition.
Rwanda through SUN Alliance was selected by SUN Global Civil Society Network to host the first learning route exchange program to share experiences and best practices in fighting against malnutrition amongst members of SUN Civil Society Alliances from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Italy, Namibia, Nigeria, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, United Kingdom, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The learning route is a 7-days Learning Route exchange program with the aim to strengthening knowledge sharing between SUN Civil Society Alliances and regional platforms to promote learning across countries on how to address malnutrition. It is a proven process for accelerating knowledge sharing and peer-to-peer learning. At the heart of the learning route is a facilitated visit to a host country by representatives of different countries.
The Learning Route main objective: To contribute to stronger, more aligned civil society alliances with the capacity to actively contribute to national efforts while responding to needs on the Country.
CSAs are able to effectively contribute to multi-stakeholder platforms and CSAs promote cascade capacity strengthening of their alliance members.
Thus, SUN Alliance would wish to recruit a capable individual translator/interpreter to provide consecutive translation 2in a two days’ field work of the Leaning Route in Nyanza and Gisagara Districts.
- SCOPE OF WORK
- The translator shall provide professional consecutive translation from/to English and Kinyarwanda languages
- The translator/interpreter shall be available at the time requested by the Learning Route team. One working day is 8 hours excluding of a lunch hour. Interpreters may be requested/ expected to stay beyond the 8 hours’ schedules.
- SUN Alliance is not responsible for accommodation and transportation of the interpreter/Translators.
- Translator /interpreter shall be in venue as per time scheduled provided by SUN Alliance
- Consecutive translation during a four days’ field trip to Nyanza and Gisagara
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The translator/interpreter will be required for a period of four days that are divided as follows:
- Two days during the try out visit in Nyanza and Gisagara on the 25th and 26th October respectively.
- Two days during the Learning Route on the 2nd and 3rd November 2016.
- QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in languages and or Communication
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of translation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in the field of nutrition
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The payments will be made upon successful completion of the deliverables and submission of invoices
Applications should contain an expression of interest, curriculum vitae and sample (s) of similar assignment completed. Applications should also specify Financial Proposal for consecutive translation per day. Please send all applications electronically to [email protected] before 13th October 2016.
N.B: Application letter should be addressed to the Chairman of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Alliance